Today, I’ve updated SiriMote to version 1.2.
What Is SiriMote?
With SiriMote, you can control your Mac with your Apple TV Siri Remote:
- Control your Mac’s volume
- Control iTunes (play/pause, next or previous track, fast forward, rewind)
- Control Keynote (next or previous slide)
- Control QuickTime Player (play/pause, fast forward, rewind)
- Control VLC Player (play/pause, next or previous track, fast forward, rewind)
- Control Microsoft PowerPoint (start/stop slideshow, next or previous slide)
- Control any Mac app that reacts to your Mac’s keyboard’s media keys
What’s New in SiriMote 1.2?
Most notably, SiriMote 1.2 lets you put your Mac (or its display) to sleep using your remote.
Press and hold the remote’s Home button for a second, and the following bezel will appear:
It’s a little larger than usual, because I figured you’d like to be able to read it from afar. It then lets you choose between putting only your Mac’s display to sleep or the entire system.
You can wake your Mac’s display again with any button of the remote – waking from system sleep currently only works with a keyboard or mouse/trackpad, not the remote.
SiriMote is now localized in German, Sparkle (used for the update mechanism) has been updated to version 1.14.0.
I’ve also switched to Auto-Layout instead of NSView’s autoresizing mechanism, which you can read about in this What I… blog post.
As you can see in the screenshot above, the Siri Remote is now not a graphic anymore, but drawn entirely in code, allowing for absolutely free resizing (which you can read about a bit here). The code for it will be open sourced soon.
Pricing and Availability
SiriMote is a freeware application, which means you can download and use it without limitations for free. If you like it, please consider taking a look at my other apps – thank you!
The app is available for download from SiriMote’s website (direct download).
SiriMote requires OS X El Capitan 10.11 or newer and an Apple TV Siri Remote.
If you’re interested in writing about SiriMote, you can download the press kit here, which contains screenshots and further information.
– – – Do you enjoy my blog and/or my software? – – –
Stay up-to-date on all things Eternal Storms Software and join my low-frequency newsletter (one mail a month at most).
Thank you :)